Embedded Behavioral Health Services in Primary Care
Our providers at Healthcare Network (HCN) are committed to treating the whole person – in both mind and body – throughout the life cycle. We strongly believe that the best way to achieve this is through a team-based approach where providers, across disciplines, work collaboratively in the interest of meeting the needs and promoting the health and wellbeing of the patients and communities we serve.
As part of the HCN care team, our doctoral level psychologists work closely with patients and their primary care providers to:
- Identify and treat traditional mental health concerns (e.g., depression, anxiety, ADHD/ADD, etc.)
- Promote healthy lifestyle and behavior change (e.g., tobacco cessation, weight loss, stress management, etc.)
- Manage physical health conditions (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, chronic pain, adherence issues, etc.)
- Adjust to psychosocial stressors or life cycle transitions
- If indicated, connect patients with a higher or more appropriate level of care in the community
Within our unique, integrated model of care, this takes the form of:
- Real time behavioral health services and consultation available to the primary care team and patients
- Focused behavioral health interventions for effective management of acute or chronic problems
- Promotion of patient responsibility for healthy living, self-management, and change
- Well child/adult behavioral health screenings and prevention
Currently, our Behavioral Health providers are available for same-day screens/consults or scheduled behavioral health appointments in our Children’s Care, Family Care, and Women’s Care offices. We strive to ensure access and reduce barriers to behavioral health care for our patients, and therefore, are continuously expanding our services and reach. We invite you to follow-up with your primary care provider to schedule a behavioral health appointment should you be interested in receiving services or have questions or concerns that could be addressed by our integrated care psychologists.
No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay. There is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available. Please click here for more information.